Wednesday, March 26, 2008,12:33 AM
Back to School
Oh God, I'm in school again. But this time...I'm on the other side of the fence. No longer can I lounge around in a chair and pretend to be using my laptop for school purposes. No longer can I play Spider Solitaire or watch a video surreptitiously. No longer can I drown out the voice of the teacher by doing everything BUT listening.

Because now, I have become the teacher.

It's not like I haven't taught before. Yes, I've taught Anatomy & Physiology before. But I've only ever reached until Chapter 3 of the book because I was allowed to go as fast (or as slow) as my students could go. So for a year and a half, I've taught a class per semester and each class has only ever gotten up to Chapter 3, the Cells and Tissue chapter. I've PERFECTED teaching those chapters.

But now, I'm teaching a 5 week, 10 session class, and for this past 5th session, I've already gotten up to Chapter 11! Chapters I've never touched before! Fortunately, they have projectors so I can make powerpoints. Unfortunately, it takes me about 3 hours just to make one damn powerpoint. I feel like I'm doing more work now than I've ever done when I was a student. But you gotta do what you gotta do to make moolah.

So, I still haven't heard from hospitals I've applied to. IS there a goddamn nursing shortage or not? I thought recruiters would be all over me, salivating and panting at my newly-acquired RN status. G already got a job and I'm so happy for him but also envious. I WANT A JOB!!! And it better be in the $70000 range. But, I'm also picky about which hospitals I'm applying to so that could be the problem. Eh. Whatever. Two words... R.N.

Labels: ,

 
posted by marichu77
Permalink ¤